Sunday, May 6, 2012

Post iNSD....

Well, if you are a scrapbooker then you know this past weekend scrapbookers around 
world celebrated interNational Scrapbook Day with scrap parties, blog/facebook hops, 
freebies and sales, sales and more SALES!

Seriously how do you manage your scrap budget when the bargains are just TOO 
good to pass up? 
It is a problem and I am sure I am not the only one faced with this problem. 
For me it's about not impulse shopping the hype of a big sale can be very much 
like a drug, you get that heart pounding rush from the excitement and this is 
what can lead to problems and overspending! 

So I thought I'd share what I do when there is a digital scrapbook sale.

1. Set a budget - if I can only spend $30, I stick to it! It's hard but at least I won't be 
kicking myself later.

2. Shop around and make note of when the sites sale finishes - finding the best bargains, biggest discounts, longer sale time = more for my money.

3. I go shopping but I DON'T checkout straight away! - I close the site, walk away 
and come back later (this way I can think about if I REALLY want to buy the items).


4. I go back to the site where I know I REALLY want to buy from first and 
I go through my shopping cart and decide if I REALLY want/will use the 
items in my cart or am I buying because it's on sale?! 


5. Then I trim the stuff I don't really want (if I feel I may want to buy it later or 
at the next sale I add it to my Wishlist, for the next time there's a sale.)

6. I complete my purchases and download the files (sometimes I wait until later do 
this since the sites can lag on downloads during sale times). 


7. Lastly I use my new goodies - I definitely create more AFTER a sale than normal 
and it's simply because I want to try out my new stuff!

I hope my tips are useful and help you get the most out of your next digital 
scrapbooking sale experience!
Obviously I have been shopping for new scrap supplies and I got lots of great 
bargains and was able to afford some things from my wishlists because of the great 
sales.

So here are some of the new pages I have made this weekend:

This page was made using MissMint's PB&J Kit which is FREE with any purchase from Peppermint Creative of just $1.00 or you can purchase the kit for $4.50 and I used 
one of the templates from Sara Gleason & Crystal Livesay's 3rd {i}NSD 2012 Grab Bag


Credits Here & Here


This page was made using Sara Gleason's Ambrosia {album} & MissMint's Artsy Fartsy Kit and I actually already had both these in my stash but I was inspired :)

  Credits Here & Here
 


Anyway I'm off to scrap some more with my new goodies.
Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment