Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Little Birdie Has Come to Nest

On Tuesday I was letting our dogs out for the day when I noticed this bird's nest hanging from the "clothesline" we have hanging under our back veranda.
There was no bird in the nest so I decided to have a peek inside and what did I spy?, a tiny little egg!

The tiny egg inside the nest

I was curious to find out what sort of bird had built this strange looking nest so I of course jumped on to the computer to Google what new life we will be seeing in the New Year.
After a little while I found what I was looking for and discovered we had a little family of Olive-Backed Sunbirds (commonly known as Yellow Bellied Sunbirds).

 Olive-Backed Sunbird Nest

I have been keeping an eye on the Mumma bird and she has been sitting on her precious little egg all day long. Can't wait until Rhyley is home after Christmas to see the nest with the Mumma bird in it and wait for the egg to hatch and watch the Mumma and Pappa bird raise there little baby in the New Year!

 Mumma Sunbird sitting in her nest

So today I was actually in the mood to do a little scrapbooking!  
Here are the layouts and with these two layouts I have achieved my goal of 52 layouts for the year!!
YAY!!! GO ME!! 

This layout is for the December Pimp My Page Challenge at Peppermint Creative (head over there to grab the freebie template) 

Credits are here

This layout I made using Grow With Love: Kids Edition by Sara Gleason & Crystal Livesay, Valorie Wibben's Platform 9 and 3/4 and Miss Mint's awesome new freebie kit Movie Night  

Credits here


Well I really must finish up got lots to do tomorrow before our trip away!
Until next time,








No comments:

Post a Comment