Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Family

Happy New Year everyone! 
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas spent with friends and family. 
We had a great Christmas away visiting our family in Brisbane and Ballina. 
The only drawback to visiting family so far away is the traveling 13 hours there, hopefully next year our family will come to Mackay to spend Christmas with us if not we will just have quiet one by ourselves!
I think we'll leave all that to a little later to worry about (though being prepared isn't a bad thing,right?!?).

So as I said we spent so time down in Brisbane/Ballina over Christmas. It was great seeing everyone as I haven't seen most of my family for about 12 months. Our nephew Coop has grown SO much since we saw him in May, my brother has shrunk (he's lost about 21kg), and though the rest of family are the same there have been other changes.

My uncle's God-daughter gave birth to a healthy baby boy on Christmas day.
This is such a blessing as she was told she would never have children because of health complications she has had in the past & I am SO happy for her & I know she is going to be a wonderful Mum!

While we were away one of the most annoying thing I kept hearing was "Why don't you ask your brother about his eating plan" or "ask how your brother lost all that weight", now don't get me wrong I am very happy my brother has decided to lose weight for himself the fact is that we have always been complete opposites, in all honesty if you looked at our family at any stage of us growing up you would assume he wasn't my brother simply because he was always this skinny weed of a kid while the rest of us were fatty, fat fatties!
This is no stretch of the imagination I can assure you.
The point of me bringing up this little tangent is NOT because I am jealous or anything but the fact is that the last thing you want to be reminded of when visiting family is that you are the fat one & your brother is the skinny one ((again) 'cause last Christmas he was certainly headed toward fatville).

Even before we went away I had been thinking a lot about our family's health because
we are by no measure skinny people & while I certainly don't believe you have to be a size 8 to be happy & healthy, I do think it is  high time that our family got healthier & a little slimmer.

So after a heap of research into different eating plans, weighing up pros/cons, if we can all eat the same foods & get results & how it will work into our lifestyle without having to cook 3 separate meals for each member of the family & discussing it with Jason we have decided to start Weight Watchers.
Why?, well it's because of the easy of it, no counting calories, knowing that you have X points each day/week, it allows us all to eat the same food & you can have a little treat & not feel like you are breaking your diet! 
Next week I am off to my first meeting at Weight Watchers & I am excited! 
Excited to start the new year on the right foot & heading towards a healthier family, so if you like join us on our ride to a happier, healthier family. 
I am sure at times it will be a bumpy road but I hope if I use this blog to log our journey we will get there.

I will still be posting my latest scrapbook pages & crafts I've done but this year I'll also be posting recipes we've made & lots more!
So here is my first official layout for 2012:
I made this layout of the boys playing on the slip 'n' slide over Christmas using Miss Mint's Sunkissed Summer (seriously LOVE the splashes in this kit) & Letters and Lessons by Sara Gleeson
 
  Credits can be found here


Until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment